Freetronics RFID Lock Shield
Photo: Jonathan Oxer
Shield URL: RFID Lock Shield
Tags: rfid, lock, strike, control, output
This shield allows your Arduino to control a door lock using an electric strike plate and one of a number of commonly-available RFID modules, and is based on the circuit described in the "RFID Access Control System" project in the book "Practical Arduino".
Supported modules include:
- HF MultiTag
- On-board 9V regulator to power Arduino from solenoid power supply.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- Blue "Arduino power on" LED.
- Green "12V power on" LED.
- 100nF bypass/smoothing capacitor on supply rails.
- Overlay guide both top and bottom.
- Uses through-hole parts for easy assembly.
Open Source: Yes, OSHW-compliant
License: TAPR Open Hardware License
D4: RX from RFID module.
D5: TX to RFID module.
D6: Output to strike plate.
D7: Output to status LEDs.