Freetronics 16x2 LCD & Keypad Shield
Shield URL: 16x2 LCD & Keypad Shield
Tags: lcd, buttons
16-character by 2-line display, 5 buttons and a controllable backlight
Works in 4-bit mode with the "LiquidCrystal" library included with the Arduino IDE, allowing you to control the LCD with a total of just 6 digital I/O lines.
The buttons provide "left", "right", "up", "down", and "select" while using just one analog input.
The LCD backlight is connected to D3 and can be controlled for on/off, brightness and flashing effects.
- 16x2 LCD using HD44780-compatible display module (white characters on blue background).
- 5 buttons on one analog input (A0).
- LCD backlight with current limiting, brightness and on/off controllable by D3, can be moved to D2, D10, A1, A2, A3, A4 or A5 for easy project pin compatibility.
- Recessed LCD, panel mount screw holes and button layout suitable for panel or cabinet mounting if desired.
- Reset button.
- Gold-plated PCB for maximum durability.
- Overlay printed on both the top and the bottom.
- Pins used by shield clearly marked.
- LiquidCrystal library initialisation reference is printed on the bottom of the pcb for convenience.
Open Source: Yes, OSHW-compliant
License: TAPR Open Hardware License
D3: LCD backlight
D4: LCD bit 4
D5: LCD bit 5
D6: LCD bit 6
D7: LCD bit 7
D8: LCD RS
D9: LCD Enable